Monday 25 June 2012

Olympic Tourch Relay Procession comes to Derby

Raph Bruhwiler Surfs with Olympic Flame
From the Desk of the Bookkeeper in Derby

For a couple of months now I've been having trouble with my diary - the days have been a bit floaty - if you what I mean.  If you don't then basically I lose track of time.  Apparently (according to daughter number One) this is not uncommon in the elderly.

For instance, just the other day we got several free newspapers shoved through the door.  And as usual I just moved them directly into the blue bag for recycling.  Obviously unread - but very good for wrapping up food leftovers for adding to the composting bin. 

However, one publication did catch my eye:  Your Derby produced by the Derby City Council.  This one did actually get read... and I have to say there is some good stuff in there, including a Guide to the Olympic Torch Relay Procession complete with a Brazilian themed party 9pm till midnight in the Market Place on Friday night.  Who would have thought Derby was such a hip hop happening place?!

"Ohh" I thought - "that's typical - this event has completely passed me by.  Odd that - didn't see anything in the papers."

 It wasn't till 'im indoors set me straight and pointed out that this grand event would be happening in and around the Derby Town centre THIS WEEKEND.

Mind we still going to miss it - we off up to Yorkshire to do a spot of camping and visit the other relatives.

BKD

For a full timetable of events visit:  Derby City Council: Torch Relay Comes to Derby


Thought for Today:

" Children are the best teachers!"  Author Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.