Monday 18 June 2012

of revamps, new clients and cabinets

From the desk of the Bookkeeper Derby


It's always exciting when my business moves into new, unexplored territory. 

I think.

Yes, (nods to self reassuringly).  So then, whats new?

Well, I've been invited to apply for Fellowship membership at the IAM.  This is a truly double edged sword.... whilst I am truly chuffed to pieces at the prospect of being  a 'F' - my accountant swooned (he tends to do that a lot around me) at the amount they charge for the privilege of being elevated to the aforementioned giddy heights of the 'F'.

On a different tack and good news for my long-suffering-swooning-accountant, I am now the proud owner of my own .com address along with a newly made over website - its nearly finished.  It would be finished already but my new to me webmaster is now on leave in Spain for two weeks.  Still I have a short time to look over and make some changes.

Actually, I haven't worked it out yet - but ball park this new website and hosting is going to save me some 90% in web fees this year.  I can see my accountant beaming from where I sit.  Well not literally - he's based in Yorkshire and I'm based in Derbyshire - so it is purely figurative if you know what I mean....

It's always nice when new to me clients come on board and my latest ones are totally sweet and have some of the most complete sets of day books that I have ever seen.  Still I searched hard and came up with a couple of improvements that they seem quite delighted to adopt.  I've been invited to attend their next committee meeting to present the final accounts.  This put me in a bit of a flap... what on earth does one wear to a Tenants Association meeting of the Committee?  Drop me a line if you have any suggestions.

Whilst it's excellent news that my business continues to expand I am beginning to find my office space is becoming a little cramped.  In fact there has been a sort of paper explosion and I've ended up with little heaps covering most of the empty surfaces.  This is not good.  So at the weekend off we went to Ikea to source a new filing cabinet.  Now everything is in little heaps INSIDE the cabinet..... guess I ought to put aside a day to go through the accumulated paper work and give it a little spring clean. 


.....  hummmm

I wonder if my accountant would suffer a fatal heart attack if I brought a new summer house cum office space? 


BKD


Thought for the Day:

In politics, if you want anything said ask a man. If you want anything done, ask a woman.
-- Margaret Thatcher



1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog, I like it! :)

    xoxo
    Susanna
    http://susanna-behindmyeyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.