Thursday 3 May 2012

Teetering Steps Towards Networking

From the desk of the Bookkeeper Derby

I took some time out of my busy work schedule yesterday to attend, as a guest of Karl Baker of Taurus Collections (UK) Ltd, a BNI meeting held in the Genting Club, Riverlights, Derby.

BNI are forming a new 'Chapter' in Derby, ie a core group of business people, that meet every week to share ideas, support and encourage, make new contacts and share business referrals.  As they only have one skill set per core group, competition for a place is intense.

There was an interesting mix of Derby's excellent business's represented.

Listening to the video presentation whilst eating an lovely luncheon, made me think, for the first time, which direction I wanted to take BKD in the future.  Did I want to retain my sole trader status and keep on quietly managing peoples business?  Or do I want to expand to a place where I can employ a variety of bookkeepers and associates and even grow to a point where I can accommodate a number of young people placements.

Certainly, if it is the expansion route I want to take then it is clear that joining BNI is a no-brainer.

My thanks to Karl for the invitation.  You have certainly given me food for thought.


BKD


Thought for the Day:


Behold the turtle.  He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.  James Bryant Conant (1893-1978)



External Reference:

Business Know-How:  10 Tips for Successful Business Networking





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.