Friday 8 March 2013

Employer Liability Insurance

I've been trying to get Employer Liability insurance - tut and surprise, suprise I can't get just Employer Liability there's a whole raft of insurances that I am not obliged to have legally but the insurance people insist I need.  For goodness sakes - how on earth do they place a value on a plastic bags containing years worth of reciepts - which if the building burnt down they are just not replaceable.

Then he told me how much the EL PLUS extras are going to cost me.  

HOW MUCH to insure a broom cupboard... they jest - looks like I'm going be googling checkthemeerkatmarketothersiteout out this morning....! My poor accountant fainted when I told him how much the business rates were... well I think he fainted ... there was a definite thud and the phone went momentarily quiet - then he came back with a def squeak....
lol - the man who's now tasked with getting me EL that's in two figures (seems he is up for a challenge) wanted to know how I can fit a 6'4 trainee into a broom cupboard,... seriously the council business task is MUCH bigger than the room.
 
doh ... that's easy, I say .... the trainee will be shoe horned in vertically and not horizontally (see who says women have no spatial awareness) ... indeed I might get him one of those very niffty and very tall breakfast bar seats... obviously I am very H&S conscious - cause if he sits down in a normal chair he will bang his knees on the wall opposite.... he could then sue me for millions for knee damage (ruining his cricket/poker/football career)... shudders delicately - football - yuk
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.